A letter from a CIS parent to the principal
I understand key things about CIS and one is teachers in CIS love every student. They give opportunities to every student. They care about every student’s individual needs and individual development more than any other school. My children enjoy their school life. And this has made them happy at home too. Seeing their happy faces and hearing their laughter I know I made the right choice for their education.
Alberta Education Parent Presentation
The details are as follows:
5pm-6pm Alberta Education Presentation and CIEO Director of International Education Presentation
6pm-7pm Meet and Greet. Stay for light refreshments, snacks and the opportunity to meet the representatives from Alberta Education.
We encourage all parents to attend this event. There will also be an opportunity to complete the parent survey from Alberta Education as part of our school evaluation process.
· to certify the level of individual student achievement in Grade 12 courses
· to ensure that province-wide standards of achievement are maintained
· to report individual and group results.
· assures universities that student marks are valid, enabling them to accept our students more easily.
· Determine if students are learning what they are expected to learn
· Report to school stakeholders how well students have achieved provincial standards at given points in their schooling
· Assist schools, authorities, and the province in monitoring and improving student learning
· At CIS we use this data to improve our teaching and learning
Find out more about Alberta Curriculum
On November 21, 2018 from 6-8pm please come and meet two representatives from Alberta Education who will be on-site to conduct our school accreditation evaluation. Thomas Midbo and Sven Danzinger will be happy to speak with all of our parents regarding Alberta’s exceptional curriculum and to share news regarding curriculum redesign.