It’s SUMMER TIME! While you and the family are enjoying the much needed quality time, mornings with no alarm clocks, and maybe even some nights without set bedtimes, I want to encourage you to keep some semblance of academics alive in the fun.
1) Please continue to encourage your child/children to read at least 20 minutes a day.
2) On your stay-cations and/or vacations, make time to read about the history of the places you are visiting. Try comparing and contrasting the history to that of the community in which you live.
3) Talk about the engineering and innovative thinking required to create the many things you get to explore at your summer destinations (amusement parks, swimming pools, airports, train stations, etc.) Use your STEAM imagination!
4) Create photo presentations of your adventures using PowerPoint, Google Slides, Prezi, Keynote, etc.
5) Create videos that capture the uniqueness of the summer vacation and write a story to go along with it.
6) Have your children keep a journal to about their summer adventures and prep them for when their new teacher asks:”What did you do this summer?”
We wish you safe travels and an abundance of joy, laughter, and love this summer with your family. Life is short and tomorrow is not promised, so please spread kindness- even to those who you may not want to, be grateful for what you DO have, and make the best out of today! Thank you for choosing CIS, we are proud to be your choice for your child’s education.
COLLABORATE, INNOVATE and SUCCEED
WeAreCIS. Go Grizzlies!