The Canadian International School of Guangzhou (CIS) has one goal – to provide a Canadian accredited world-class education from Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 12. CIS follows an Alberta-based curriculum, the first fully-accredited Alberta school in China to graduate students qualified for top Canadian and world-class universities. CIS meets the high quality standards and needs of international expatriate families living in the Guangzhou area. Alberta’s education system is recognized internationally as one of the best learning systems in the English-speaking world. Alberta students have placed among the top academic performers in all five cycles of the Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA) held since 2000. CIS is at a very exciting time in its development as a new state-of-the-art campus which will be opening in the spring of 2018. The new campus will have capacity for 1000 students and boarding facilities.
Why Teach Abroad?
- Teaching abroad will broaden your horizons while you gain valuable life and career experience. China is home to one of the world’s richest and most ancient civilizations, and offers a wide range of unique cultural opportunities. Although the English language market is growing rapidly, teaching in China provides an opportunity for immersion into Chinese language and culture, and for gaining additional language skills. Mandarin Chinese is the most widely spoken language, currently understood by more than one billion people worldwide.
- Teaching in an international school is one of the best kept secrets in the teaching profession. Thousands of candidates take their first position abroad thinking that it will be their last. Although this is true for some, many teachers make international education a career choice which opens new horizons filled with excitement, discovery and fulfillment. Enjoy the stimulus of developing your professional career in exciting new places.
- Experience the richly varied world of international schools, with English as the language of instruction, small class sizes, motivated students and high standards.
- Become part of a team of energized and highly competent international teachers.
- Broaden your knowledge and experience through adapting to life and work in a different community and culture.
- Make a difference in the lives of global children.
- Live comfortably with the potential for significant savings. The Canadian International School will offer an attractive salary and many other benefits such as housing, annual home leave with round-trip air fares, health insurance and moving allowance.
- Enjoy an attractive lifestyle and unparalleled opportunities for travel.
The world of international education is steadily growing, and with it the demand for high-quality teachers with the appropriate skills, enthusiasm and commitment. Teaching overseas is an excellent career choice, and one that could positively transform your life.
Benefits of Teaching in Guangzhou, China
Guangzhou offers an eclectic mix of the old and new of China. Located in the heart of China’s Pearl River Delta, it is one of the most rapidly developing regions in the world. Guangzhou boasts a contrast of east and west, modern and classic, young and old – it is part of the whole spectrum of life.
- Experience a richly varied world with English as the language of instruction, small class sizes, motivated students and high standards
- Become part of a team of energized and highly competent international teachers
- Teaching contracts include furnished housing accommodations, annual home leave, health insurance, daily lunch, end-of-contract bonus
- Educational Assistants
- Average cost of living is low
- Subtropical climate, with four distinct seasons
- Travel easily to exotic locations within China, Hong Kong, Philippines, Vietnam, Thailand, Japan and other Asian destinations
- Make a difference in the lives of global children
- Work & live in a new and diverse multicultural environment
- Gain a new perspective on life
- New state-of-the-art campus opening in April 2018
- Seasonal and cultural events throughout the year