APPLICATION CHECKLIST FOR SCHOOL YEAR 2017 – 2018
Thank you for your interest in the Canadian International School of Guangzhou (CIS). This checklist guide ensures that you submit all the supporting documents with your application to avoid any delay in our review and assessment process.
As an international school, students and parents MUST hold a foreign passport (including Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan) in order to be eligible for admission.
1. APPLICATION PROCESS
- Application form – to be completed and signed; English translation is available at our Admin office.
- Picture – a recent picture of the student
- Student’s foreign passport – a copy of the passport information page, plus the Chinese Visa or Residence Permit page
- Parent’s foreign passports – a copy of each parent’s passport information page, plus the Chinese Visa or Residence Permit
- School Records
- Report card* from recent year(s) and/or transcripts
- (* current school year plus full year reports from previous school years
Any standardized achievement test scores
- Application Processing Fee 1000rmb for application review and testing (Fee for CIEO Kindergarten applicants are not applicable)
2. REVIEW AND ASSESSMENT
- Admissions Test – students are require to take an English admissions test and participate in an oral interview as part of the qualification process.
- Confirmation Letter – on completion of the admissions documents and review process, you will be notified in writing of the acceptance/decline for admission.
- Learning Support Centre – For students who require additional learning support for subject areas or ELL (English language learning), we will assess these needs on an individual, at-need basis to determine the availability of these services for your son/daughter.
Once we have received the application form and all supporting documents, we will review your application. CIS reserves the right to make admissions decisions based on the information provided in the application and the assessment results, which will indicate that the student can achieve at a level to be successful at our school.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +86 020 39255321. Our office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday to Friday.
Here are the next steps for applying for admission to CIS:
- Complete an application form (online, pick up or download).
- If applicable, the following items must be submitted with your application form before the application will be considered:
- Copies of the applicant’s school reports for the current and previous year.
- A photocopy of applicant’s personal identification / foreign residency or foreign passport for staying in China, if available.
- A non-refundable application fee of $1,000 RMB.
- Upon receipt of your application and documents, you will be contacted to arrange a date and time for either an interview.
3. fee policy
For the latest fee information, please contact our admissions office on +86-02039255321 or alternatively email email@example.com.