As I reflect back on this year’s sporting events, we achieved tremendous success athletically. I continue to be amazed at what our student-athletes and coaches continue to accomplish in enriching our sports programs. It takes a real team effort to accomplish these achievements!
Click to watch the yearend video of Grizzlies
The 2018-19 season was our first season with the new Grizzlies sports membership, which attracted over 200 athletes across 21 sporting events. We welcomed all athletes to partake in our sports teams throughout the year because sport provides CIS students with important life lessons, such as teamwork, self-discipline and commitment. Being part of the CIS Grizzlies teams not only promotes a healthy lifestyle but it also provides opportunities for skill enhancement, competition and collaboration. As a department we also believe that physical education and discipline can help promote academic success, and we expect out athletes to take pride in their performance in the classroom as well as on the court and field.
Here are some highlights of the exceptional achievements from this past year:
- Full time members of the Pearl River Conference
- Fielding over 200 athletes
- Competition in 21 sporting events
- Lower Elementary Champions (Soccer)
- Lower Elementary 3rd (Soccer)
- Higher Elementary girls 3rd (Soccer)
- Middle School girls 2nd (Soccer)
- Middle School Boys Sportsmanship (Basketball)
- Participating in High school sports (Basketball & Soccer)
- High School boys 2nd (Basketball)
- Canadian International School Sports Association 3rd (Basketball)
- Canadian International School Sports Association 3rd (Soccer)
- Canadian International School Sports Association 3rd (Hockey)
Our progression as a program is a direct result of the passion, perseverance, and commitment year-in and year-out from our student-athletes, coaches, administration, parents and friends. I sincerely thank you for your dedication to CIS Grizzlies Athletics. All of you are critical to our continued growth and success.