We are looking for an experienced and qualified male teacher to supervise the student residence. The dormitory will hold a maximum of 150 students, with 60 full-time residents for the 2018/2019 school year. The successful candidate will be passionate about their career and an inspiring educator that values a collaborative work environment. This is a full time contract for a two year period (beginning middle of August 2018). CIS follows an Alberta-based curriculum from Kindergarten to Grade 12. Alberta’s education system is recognized internationally as one of the best learning systems in the English-speaking world. Alberta students have placed among the top academic performers in all five cycles of the Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA) held since 2000. CIS is at a very exciting time in its development as a new state-of-the-art campus will be opening in the spring of 2018.
Bachelor of Education, specialized in Math and Science. The ideal candidate will have fluency in both Mandarin and English. First Aid training is mandatory.
- Ideally experienced with the Alberta curriculum
- Excellent communication and organization skills, excel at problem solving and building relationships
- Provide emotional support, personal assistance and tutoring for all student residents.
- Assist residents with problem solving, handling complaints, working closely with the student services team.
- Order supplies and determine need for maintenance, repairs and furnishing, and assist in room assignments.
- Building strong partnerships with other teachers, share experience with peers, and pursue seeking development opportunities
- Organize and plan dormitory activities and trips
Please submit CV and relevant application documents to email@example.com